Choosing the right photographer is a BIG decision!
Have you ever wondered what questions to ask your photographer before hiring them? Wedding planning can be stressful, but it’s always so worth it! One of the biggest decisions you need to make during the wedding planning process is choosing your wedding photographer. After all, these will be photos that you will cherish for the rest of your life, so it’s a big deal!
It is so important to find a photographer that not only shoots and edits in a style that you love, but that you feel comfortable with and trust. You will spend a lot of time with your wedding photographer during your wedding day, you want them to add joy to the day, not take it away. To help you make your decision, I’m sharing my list of 20 questions to ask your photographer before hiring them.
Keep scrolling to see the list!
20 Questions to ask your photographer
1. Are you available on my wedding date?
2. Can you send a full gallery of a wedding you have photographed?
3. How do you back up your photos?
4. How long have you been a photographer? How many weddings have you photographed?
5. Have you photographed a wedding similar to our size and style of ours before?
6. How long after the wedding will we receive the images? How will they be delivered?
7. Have you ever worked with our planner? Videographer? Florist? DJ? Other vendors?
8. How would you describe your working style? Do you prefer to blend into the background to capture candid moments, or do you like to be more visible and take charge to choreograph images?
9. Are engagement photos included in your packages? What about pre-wedding events like rehearsal dinners?
10. Can we request a list of specific shots we would like?
11. Will you be the only photographer shooting at my wedding? If not, can I meet the other photographer who will be on-site?
12. Have you ever shot a wedding at our ceremony and reception venues? If not, do you plan to check the venues out in advance?
13. How many hours are included in each package? How much do extra hours cost?
14. Can I customize a package to fit my needs?
15. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance?
16. Can we order prints or albums directly from you? If not, do you have a recommendation of where to order them from?
17. How much of a deposit do you require? When is it due?
18. Do you have liability insurance? Does it cover your assistants, as well?
19. What is your refund or cancellation policy?
20. What is the backup plan if you are unable to shoot my wedding for an unexpected reason?
I hope this list of questions to ask your photographer before hiring them makes finding the perfect photographer a less daunting task. I am here to answer any and all of these questions, reach out to me here and let’s chat about me photographing your wedding. For more wedding inspiration, click here.